Traveling via travel or tour agency is the most comfortable and affordable way to explore the beauties of the world. It is not a flash news that there are numerous fake travel agencies in the world. Numerous people have fallen prey to some of these money-gulping crocodiles. How to spot a bad agency or a fake one? Here are the top tips from expert travels and eminent tour agencies.
- Every genuine travel agency should have a license. A government-approved agency is the first element to consider. If they fail to show you a license, it is time to move on to another agency.
- Your agent should be able to provide all required information about visa, cost, complete itinerary and others. He should be able to explain what costs will be and will not be covered in the tariff. In simple terms, everything should be transparent.
- Do not just blindly believe them. If your agency has booked tickets and hotel rooms, cross verify them, from the respective service providers.
- License and accreditation are two different things. License shows legitimacy of the business and accreditation shows the quality of service, you are about to receive.
- Always check for online reviews. Every unsatisfied or ripped off customer would review about the agency in the internet. Do not let go off an agency just because there is one bad review. Look at their professional way of handling problems.
- If the tour package sounds too good for its price, there is a very high chance that it is bogus.
- If the agency provides you shortcut or suggests illegal ways, it is better to avoid them. Are they ready to jump over a few immigration laws for you? There is something fishy with the agency.
- Do not finalize the first agency you find. Surf three to four and choose the best among them.
- Word-of-mouth is the best way to find the right agency. Reviews might lie, website pictures could be fake, but a real man’s experience is never false.
- If the agency does not have a physical address, it is better to avoid them. Choose agencies with a good office structure. If possible, visit the office to check out their deals.
- Fake agencies come and go like mushrooms. Choose agencies, which are in business for several years or around a decade.
- Read every terms and condition of the site. It would just take 30 minutes of your time. However, it would help you save thousands of dollars.
The best option to rule out fake agencies is to find reputed agencies with several years of experience and many associations with government networks. After all, you deserve a regret-less vacation.